CRT to LCD Conversion
Improve Your CNC Machine with a CRT to LCD Retrofit
If you have a CNC machine with a CRT monitor, you are most likely already experiencing the many defects and disadvantages these monitors present after years of use. You may also already know CRT monitors are extremely difficult and in most cases impossible to replace. Tri Star CNC machine repair technicians are skilled enough to upgrade CRT monitors to LCD.
If you can find a replacement CRT monitor, which is unlikely, it will cost you a pretty penny to replace. The end result, you have an outdated monitor which will present the same issues you are suffering from now in just a few years. Repairing a CRT monitor is also a very expensive solution, if not impossible, with the same results. Don’t waste your money or risk large amounts of downtime with your CNC machine, have Tri Star upgrade your CRT monitor today with an LCD retrofit.
FANUC CRT Models Tri Star LCD Retrofits
Disadvantages of CRT Monitors on FANUC Machinery:
- CRT monitors are extremely heavy
- CRT monitors occupy more space and consume large volumes of electricity
- Over time CRT monitors present several defects
Common CRT Monitor Defects:
- In different sectors of the display, color spots can start to appear and hinder visibility.
- When your monitor displays an image for long periods of time, an aging effect called raster burn can disfigure your monitor and reduce the monitor’s brightness significantly.
- Pattern burn can occur as well, this occurs when the tube is imprinted with the image the monitor is displaying.
- You may also experience scan burn, this results in a line with reduced visibility across your CRT monitor.
The defects CRT monitors experience overtime can seriously hinder the operator’s ability to read the screen. When correctly identifying patterns or writing on the CRT screen plays a large role in the operation of your CNC machine and business, this can cause large amounts of downtime. Not only do these defects affect the operation of your CNC machine, but they also cause your CNC machine users to strain their eyes in an attempt to read what the monitor is displaying. This makes your workers and in turn your CNC machine less efficient.
Benefits of LCD Monitors
- LCD monitors have higher image quality
- LCD monitors are better for the eyes
- LCD monitors are lighter
- LCD monitors use less electricity
- LCD monitors do not have glare or distortion found in CRT monitors
- LCD monitors are available in the same sizes as CRT monitors but thinner dimensions
The biggest advantage of LCD monitors is how they can be flat. This means there are more possibilities for displaying the monitor without taking up extra space.
CRT Monitor Replacement Makes Your CNC Machine More Efficient
Tri Star’s highly skilled CNC machine repair technicians now provide LCD upgrade services for your old CRT Monitors. This not only saves you large sums of money but also gives you a more reliable screen with unbelievably clear visibility. Our new LCD retrofits will be placed into the same frame as your outdated CRT monitor, providing a new monitor that works the same, and in many cases, better than the old CRT monitors both electronically and physically.
The new LCD retrofit is more energy efficient, has high contrast for an exceptionally clear picture and requires no new signal adapters of any sort, allowing your CNC machine to go back to work quickly and with higher efficiency. If your CRT monitor is experiencing problems, it is important to solve the problem sooner than later. CNC machines run as a collective unit, if one component (even a small component) starts to fail, there is the risk of other parts failing and your CNC machine stopping completely. Don’t rely on technology from the ’80s, upgrade your CRT monitor today with the help of Tri Star!
We service locations across the United States:
- Arizona FANUC services
- California FANUC services
- Colorado FANUC services
- Illinois FANUC services
- Indiana FANUC services
- Iowa FANUC services
- Michigan FANUC services
- New York FANUC services
- Ohio FANUC services
- Pennsylvania FANUC services
- Texas FANUC services
- Wisconsin FANUC services